San Bernardino, California
HELLO SAN BERNARDINO
San Bernardino is the county seat of San Bernardino County in California. Santa Ana River lies on the southern border of San Bernardino. This city is over a Bunker Hill Groundwater Basin and is known for its water health. The climate here is Mediterranean with hot summers and mild winters.
Places to visit
- Original McDonald's Site and Museum- It is fun to see the original McDonalds and all the artifacts of the advertising, toys, pictures and promotions that McDonalds’s has used through the years in many countries.
- San Manuel Stadium- It has a great environment. An authentic baseball experience that is available at a very reasonable price.
- Rim of the World Highway- The views are extraordinary here; the area between Crestline and Big Bear is spectacular and so is the long beautiful drive.
- San Bernardino National Forest- Its Crestline, Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear are all worth the trip. It has beautiful mountain views.
- Black Mountain Fire Lookout - A very modern, upgraded Fire Lookout. Good parking although it’s on dirt and it is located close to Boulder Basin campground. The drive up to the narrow forest service road is spectacular and so is the view from the top of the tower at nearly 8,000 feet.
- National Orange Show Festival- This festival is a carnival with amusement park rides, games, booths, a petting zoo and shows that include classic cars and also BMX stunt performers.
- Robert and Frances Fullerton Museum of Art for Egyptian Artifacts- It claims a world-class collection of approximately 200 ancient Egyptian artifacts making it the largest display of ancient Egyptian antiquities in the western United States.
- Pillars of God
Where to stay
- Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino- The rooms are large and well furnished with clean bathrooms. Provides complimentary breakfast and free Wi-Fi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Bernardino – This is a classy hotel with beautiful rooms and interior. Breakfast is complimentary here.
- Wigwam Motel - The hotel and pool are clean and well maintained. Parking and Wi-Fi are free in this hotel.